PDA

View Full Version : a COLG non-profit project

Kraken160th
04-27-2015, 09:43 AM
so for awhile since I found out that COLG was a non-profit I was trying to figure out how we could use our community to help but first are we a non-profit or just have the license for the server?

GMan55
04-28-2015, 02:17 AM
If you're talking about the TS3 server, Lonboder hosts it. If I remember correctly, the website was done through donations. Vaga knows more (Vaga knows all.)

Vagabond
05-03-2015, 05:38 PM
We're not a non profit, being a non profit takes actual paperwork, taxes, work and ya know, legitimacy in the US. We fudged the paperwork for the TS3 (shhhhh, don't tell anyone).

GeorgeWBushTRON
05-05-2015, 03:07 PM
We're not a non profit, being a non profit takes actual paperwork, taxes, work and ya know, legitimacy in the US. We fudged the paperwork for the TS3 (shhhhh, don't tell anyone).
We did no such thing.

GeorgeWBushTRON
05-05-2015, 03:10 PM
But in all seriousness, we are not a non-profit organization in any legal sense of the term. We don't have an EIN or any of that shit. However, we DO fall under the umbrella of a non-profit as defined by the TS3 TOS. So we aren't actually doing anything shady in that respect.

As far as a non-profit project, I've been thinking along similar lines, possibly by doing a long marathon OP where we donate money for every base capped or something, then donate all the proceeds somewhere.

Vagabond
05-08-2015, 02:05 PM
As far as a non-profit project, I've been thinking along similar lines, possibly by doing a long marathon OP where we donate money for every base capped or something, then donate all the proceeds somewhere.

I assume that members will donate money for that endeavor, since we really don't have much in the coffers as a group.

Archemyde
05-09-2015, 07:41 AM
An interesting option for hosting the website and teamspeak is NFOservers.
I have a ton of experience with them, excellent host. You could probably get the monthly community bill down to $10 or less.

Kraken160th
05-16-2015, 03:34 PM
exactly what I was thinking, more so since things extra life is a thing, but if we can get a member or sponsor to pledge X amount of money for every base we cap we don't need any coffers

Kraken160th
05-16-2015, 03:35 PM
@arch we have a free non-profit server