User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you want the older style of ranks?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

2 100.00%
  • No!

0 0%
  • This was before my time/im indifferent

0 0%
    Praetor
    Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old style ranks!

Back in the olden days, we had ranks that reflected how we were a "legion." We used terminology from the Roman Empire and I think it was unique and brought a certain atmosphere that I would love to see again. I have taken some 6 years of latin so I plan on throwing up rank name possibilities and their latin translations on this thread whenever I have time.
    Overarching ranks:
    Augustus: The highest of roman ranks. Used during the Tetrarchy, it denoted the greater rulers of the western and eastern halves of the late Eoman Empire.
    Caesar (Kaesar): The name sake of the first family of Roman Emperors and one of the highest ranks. It denoted the second in commands, the right hand mans of the Augusti.
    Princeps/Consul: Senate related figures. They both were, at a time, the highest rank in Rome.
    Praetor: High ranking member of the military.
    Legate: High ranking member of the military under Praetor. Sometimes denotes a messenger.
    Magister: A teacher.
    Aedilis/e: Essential a Roman contractor; one who oversees the construction of public buildings.
    Legionnaire: Your good old infantryman.
    Conscript: Your bottom of the food chain man at arms.
    Other:
    Caligo: Noun for "Darkness, mental blindnes, fog." Could be used to describe STU members that specialize in stealth.
    Last edited by GMan55; 12-12-2015 at 10:57 PM.