Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legionnaire
    Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are you? (intro thread)

Hey everybody! My name's Kestranas but a lot of the older members call me Van (old character name) and i'm just getting back into this game after several months away. I see a few old faces and a lot of new faces so i figured I should get to know the new members of CoLg. Since i didnt see an intro thread, this seems a good opportunity to start one. Yea i know, these threads can be cheesy, but fuck it here we are.

So who are you guys/gals? Share as much of as little as you'd like!

Legionnaire
    Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll start (figure it's only polite)
    So, I'm Kestranas, 25 and i now live in Phoenix. I started playing PS2 on release day and joined CoLg fairly early, waaay before Hossin and alerts and the lattice system (better times..). However my summers are spent out of state; I work as an EMT here in phoenix but also at a wilderness Infirmary in NM for the summer months and thus have no internet for gaming about 4 months every year. Makes it very difficult to get br 100 with no membership :x This year i stayed a little longer and am only just now getting seriously back into the game with a new character and a fresh start.

I run HA or Medic about 90% of the time, if i'm ever in a vehicle it's usually either a Galaxy or Sunderer. Since the NC love sticking to infantry i've tried to adapt to more infantry-based tactics, which is weird for some people. Those who have been in my platoons know I like to split squads and attack two places at once but ONLY if the squads listen well and if it's safe to do so. For that reason i feel that i am more effective leading squads or fire teams rather than platoons but I will happily jump to leadership ^^

Other multiplayer games i play are Starcraft 2, HAWKEN, Tribes: Ascend, Civ V though i'm more than willing to try any game out

Legionnaire
    Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Sectioneight... The name is from an old bit of military jargon, a term for a combatant pulled off the front because they're going a bit off the rails... you know, collecting ears, that sort of thing.

I'm in my early thirties, live in Las Vegas, and work in the private security industry. Prior to that, I was an officer in the US Navy, serving on surface ships.

I played Planetside 1 back in college... as much as we may bitch about balance issues in PS2, you young whippersnappers have no idea how good you have it. I loved that game, but it was SUCH a mess. (Don't even get me started on the travesty that was Core Combat.) Back in the day my PS1 characters were Sectioneight, (Emerald NC) Strikezulu (TR) and Easykill (VS). I joined the PS2 Beta in it's last couple weeks. I briefly joined the outfit "Genocidal Rampage" but they weren't very active; I switched to COLG quite some time ago, and have been here ever since.

I generally play only on Fridays and Saturdays in the evenings, and only rarely on other days. My primary class is engineer, though I dabble with everything. My reflexes and coordination are only mediocre, but I can be a sneaky bastard. I do sometimes get too enamored of my notions of clever tactics and doctrine even when they're not that effective in the game. My ground vehicle usage is well rounded. I'm a dangerously bad pilot, but the frequent air platoon ops have improved my piloting skills considerably. I strongly urge any inexperienced pilots to exploit the opportunity to practice flying while there's so much friendly aircraft to back you up.

You'll hear me a lot on the TS3 comms calling in enemy positions and making suggestions, but I am NOT an officer in the outfit and am strongly averse to leading. I'm too much of an antisocial curmudgeon to actually be in charge of anyone - didn't enjoy it in real life, don't enjoy it in my recreation. I'm happy to hold a squad leader slot long enough to throw down a beacon or prevent a random player from wandering off with the squad, but don't expect me to actually lead anything.

I look forward to seeing all of you out on the battlefield, and stacking up the TR and VS corpses like cordwood.

Legionnaire
    Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Kraken160th I'm in my late teens, I am an officer of Corporate Legion. I started playing PS2 back in march 2014. I Was playing solo then and found it a grind so I took a break from it until summer break and I picked it up again. I found a Gunter platoon and after cracking a few of my trademark awful jokes a now former member Sierra sent me an invite. and I've been here ever since.

A week later I got teamspeak and started to lead squads despite being a low BR. a month later people were gunning for me to become an officer (Chop, OTTES and Rio3) and at the end of summer break I was one. I take being an officer seriously maybe too much so according to some, but it is based on a desire of seeing our community being a positive environment that thrives and grows.

I am also one of the more active members of COLG, being on PS2 on a near daily basis and being on TS3 on a daily basis. I enjoy leading squads more than platoons but I will do it, I try to lead pubbies whenever I have the time. I try to host trainings when I can and if people are willing, the same for skirmishes on test server. personally I prefer learning by doing more than anything else.

when I take breaks from Planetside 2 in my free time I usually do "the adventures of Corporate Legion" comic, training videos, and things for the website. (the later of which hasn't appeared on it yet.)

that's all that I can really think people would care to know.

Legionnaire
    Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! G3omanser here, 18 in college, SoCal. I started playing Planetside 2 since the day it launched but have been on and off ever since. I'm going to start playing the game consistently now hoping that I'd reach BR100 (60 atm) before summer starts.

I've been a part of Corporate Legion since the day it was founded as well (I know George and Puffin personally). I've been in the Outfit for quite some time and I've always been just a member, a grunt, a guy with the COLG next to my IGN, but I am interested in trying to lead squads and maybe platoons once I get comfortable leading small groups or a squad in a bigger platoon. I'm found in TS3 quite often, mostly in the evenings and nights, and enjoy playing in the Friday and Saturday night ops with everyone else.

I rarely do air and I'm mostly a ground soldier. I mainly play infiltrator, combat medic, and my beloved OP (AP) Lightning.

I hope to see you all out on Auraxis shooting those Vanus in their spandex and TR in their communist uniforms while we wear our blue uniform of freedom!

Cheers,
    -G3omanser

Legionnaire
    Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I'm Gunter79

35 years old living in the greatest city in the world (San Francisco). As you know, I love planetside 2, please come and join us for fun!! That is all, I don't know why I don't have more info because I'm actually a robot.

Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am George.

Legionnaire
    Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWBushTRON View Post
    I am George.
    All hail to his great glory.
    Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!

Legionnaire
    Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the mighty Kaz. Team-killing extraordinaire. CoLg members are constantly finding themselves with a few extra bullets in their face due to me. I have a passive aura of destruction against all things nice. I started Planetside back in the first game and have been playing it ever since. I joined Planetside 2 in alpha testing and enjoy playing the game whenever I have spare time.
    I like to consider myself to be a decent pilot and driver. I was originally in another clan until I found myself in one of Gunter's platoons when my Outfit started to die down. I hastily joined Corporate Legion and started leading a few platoons during offshoot hours. I love my Reaver, but I have also been known to drive a liberator and MBT. My favorite class in game changes based upon my mood, but I'm often found playing a support role over an offensive one.
    More personally, I'm going to college with a Computer Engineering major in mind. My hobbies include playing games, learning to write code, welding, and drafting. I am married and thus work my gaming schedule around my family.
    Hope to see you all on the battlefield!
    Prince Kaz-ee, fabulous he, Kaz-ee Ababwa.
    -xKaz

Legionnaire
    Chats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Name is Oni Misho, Friends call me Misho

I am 26 years old, 6'5" with 3' broad shoulders, brown hair and eyes. I like playing the cover up guy or what we need guy, though I don't like being demanded to do it. being nice goes a long way, I try to live by this rule.
    I am glad that I was welcomed with much gusto and I have taken the advice given and I love how awesome everyone is. I am starting to do night shifts so I will be playing a lot of night ops and I hope there will be others who will join me.